Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform clerical and administrative functions, as well as receptionist activities in support of one of our federal agency customers in Mammoth Hot Springs, WY. The Employee will provide a variety of legal support assistance services. Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
- Performs simple typing assignments using word processing equipment. Assists in copying, scanning and faxing documents; assists in organizing, naming and numbering electronic and hard copy case materials. Assembles/disassembles documents as required, taking care to ensure that original documents are reassembled exactly to their original state
- Assists legal support staff in developing exhibits, compiling notebooks, including pulling file copies of documents, tabbing binders, numbering, binding, labeling, and re-filing documents.
- Receives telephone calls and visitors to the office; control access; notifies staff members of visitors or incoming telephone calls; takes messages from, and gives messages to visitors and callers when staff members are unavailable; determines when to transfer calls to staff member’s voice mail or overhead paging, as appropriate, and executes one or both actions. Exercises tact and discretion in determining what information can be provided and to whom. When unable to assist caller or visitor, the contractor will refer them to the appropriate staff member.
- Assists with accurate data entry into various legal and financial systems with minimal errors.
- Assists office personnel with file management to include creating and purging closed case files of extraneous and inappropriate materials and tags, separates or compiles materials to be purged later according to office policies and procedures.
- Promotes the integrity of office security. Verifies the identification of individuals seeking entrance to USAO space. Provides appropriate badges and maintains logs of badges issued. Deals with visitors who display a range of dispositions, some of whom may be negative or combative. When appropriate, uses interpersonal skills to defuse or ameliorate difficult situations. Carefully assesses suspicious mail, persons, or other elements and takes precautionary measures to enhance security.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government’s office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of common office hardware, including personal computers, electronic media duplicators, scanners, facsimile machines, photocopiers, multifunction printers, telephones and similar equipment
- Ability to answer switchboard/multi-line phone system.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, preferred.
- Ability to review a wide variety of documents, both legal and non-legal.
- Current or active clearance.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020,
Leidos was ranked as one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Yes, 10% of the time
SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION