8. Establish processes to keep abreast of proposed changes to existing laws
with regard to their possible effects on all facilities, especially the plants,
and take action with site leadership or plant management to address
these items on a proactive basis, as needed
9. Ensure corrective actions on any items of improvement from third party
inspections (e.g. OSHA, MSHA, EPA, etc.) are brought to the Company’s
attention and tracked to completion
10. Lead new hire and annual refresher MSHA training
11. Establish and oversee various plant EHS inspection processes identifying
potential safety hazards, compliance issues and ensure timely correction
of all items noted
12. Coordinate and support investigations and root cause analysis for injuries,
releases, regulatory deviations, near miss incidents and property damage
13. Ensure a contractor safety management process (including periodic
inspections and correction of violations) is in place and meets all
regulatory and company requirements
14. Conduct safety analyses on job functions and work with site management
and employees to reduce and manage risk
15. Interface with regulatory agencies and assist in negotiation of permit
requirements and other regulatory initiatives
16. Ensure that safety reviews are conducted for all new process equipment
and projects and that they are properly installed
17. Work with Plant Managers to field and respond to neighborhood concerns
regarding dust, noise, etc.
18. Provide oversight to environmental remediation efforts as necessary for
19. Provide oversight and support for the sustainability report data collection
20. Performing and maintaining the industrial hygiene program
1. Acts as resource and champion for continuous improvement activities
(Suggestion Program, 5S, Kaizen, TPM, problem solving, etc.).
2. Work with Plant Managers and Plant Teams to ensure individual
employee involvement in continuous improvement activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
The requirements listed in the sections that follow are representative of the
knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform the duties of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions (primary duties) of the job.
Incumbent must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum
of five years’ experience in a multiple site production setting. Must have
experience with environmental regulations, standards and implementation of
environmental programs in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of
safety regulations and processes is a plus. Demonstrated ability to work
effectively with regulatory agencies. Incumbent must have a proven track
record of collaborating with others to implement EHS processes and systems
that facilitate continuous improvement, maintain compliance and reduce risk.
Incumbent must have the ability to communicate effectively, to motivate
others and to promote a positive work atmosphere. The incumbent must be a
persistent self-starter who can work effectively and lead others with minimum