It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
This is a full-time maximum term position for 24 months located at Hope Road, Jandakot.
About the Role:
The Logistics & Warehousing role is responsible for developing relationships across the Western Power network and 3PL logistics contractors to ensure that processes, systems and material supply is optimised.
The logistics specialist will be a subject matter expert for all satellite depot warehouse activities, processes and systems so they consistently fulfil and are compliant with Western Powers safety principles, contractual and regulation obligations and service standards.
- Maintaining, develop and improve the processes and systems for the movement and storage of materials across the Western Power network.
- Drive a strong safety culture at Western Power depots and ensure compliance to all relevant safety regulations, policies and procedures. Participate in safety incident investigations, reporting and corrective actions when required.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across the Western Power customer base.
- Review and analyse relevant KPIs for Western Power depots and 3PL logistics contractors.
- Implementation of Continuous Improvement Projects at Western Power depots and 3PL logistics contractors to deliver improved Safe, Reliable and Affordable outcomes.
- Perform materials audits across the Western Power depots to ensure customer service levels are being met and inventory optimised.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our customers and the 3PL logistics contractor to achieve excellent customer service levels.
- Input to operational costs to ensure budget targets are met.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all required processes, policies and procedures including all internal and external audit requirements.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Experience in continuous improvement principles and methodologies
- Continuous and process improvement in an operational warehouse
- Certificate IV in Materials / Operations management / Logistics
- Exposure to APICS, CIPSA or similar inventory management disciplines
- Operational use of ERP’s and other warehousing management systems
- Willing to travel frequently within the Western Power locations
- Minimum 7 years sound knowledge and demonstrated experience in Warehouse operational activities
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 2nd February 2021
SEND YOUR APPLICATION