Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission – to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Purpose of Role
To provide a planning service to project managers in compliance with relevant company procedures.
· Accountable to the Project Manager for service and to the Lead Planner for delivery;
· Assist Project Managers in conducting interactive planning sessions, capturing output to form the basis of project plans;
· Produce level 3 and 4 schedules for Project Managers maintaining integrity through compliance with Magnox scheduling procedures and in line with the reporting calendar
· Develop rules of credit.at level 4 schedule level (for projects) and roll up & report at level 3 for Project Managers;
· Regular review of key milestones and project interfaces to support integration planning and maintain alignment of schedules in the schedule hierarchy.
· Analyse project risks and impacts and make recommendations. Facilitate regular reviews of project risks by coordinating risk meetings and ensuring the information is fed into the risk register. Actively monitor progress with mitigation activities.
· Understand scope of work for the Project/contract and provide a review of any contractors/ supplier’s schedules that have been submitted for acceptance. Make recommendations to the Project Delivery team on the formal acceptance or not of that schedule. Challenge the schedule/progress and trends to underpin Level 3 status.
· Review float erosion and provide critical path and critical chain analysis to PM on perceived likelihood of delivery.
· Assist Project Managers in analysing work performed, schedule variances and determining Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP) forecasts to go
· Assist cost engineers in providing an accurate Estimate at Completion (EAC) by providing accurate schedule forecast information;
· Review project trends and assist Project Managers in recovery planning, including impact analysis and quantify effect of emergent/additional work on the schedule
· Compliance with Magnox procedures ensuring that at all times the business remains compliant. This may include undertaking emergency scheme duties.
Qualifications & Experience
· NQF level 5 or equivalent Significant, demonstrable planning experience (Essential)
· Membership of a relevant professional body
Salary & Benefits:
· 25 days annual leave
· Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
· Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
· Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
Reference ID: MSO02563
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £0.01 per year