Provide direct care to the Consumers who reside within the Aged Care facility and local Commonwealth Home Care Support clients under the direction of a Aged Care Manager working within their scope of Practice.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist consumers and local CHSP clients to meet daily living needs, including nourishment, mobility, and personal hygiene.
- Ensure the comfort, privacy, dignity, and preference of each resident is respected and is culturally appropriate.
- Assist and promote consumers to maintain independence, communication, and social interaction with others.
- Support consumer rights, interests, cultural and spiritual needs in a non-judgemental manner.
- Ensure all work and care is carried out ethically and within the framework of the Health Service in line with the aged care standards.
- Respond to consumers assistance requests in an effective and timely manner.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of consumer information.
- Provide domestic and laundry assistance, including consumers clothing and belongings.
- Maintain the Aged Care facility in a clean, comfortable, and safe manner.
- Use and store all cleaning and chemical supplies in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Adhere to legislative requirements, policies and procedures, Infection Control Guidelines and medication guidelines and protocols.
- Complete all documentation according to policies and procedures.
- Seek clarification on work activity or procedure when an unfamiliar or unknown situation arises.
- Participate and contribute to effective teamwork through communication, organising of activities and sharing of duties.
- As a team member provide support and act as a role model to all new employees.
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents, and potential hazards to the most senior person on duty and complete the appropriate documentation on LogiQC record management system.
- Comply with manual handling policy and procedures, using aids correctly and when required. At all times, a no lifting policy must be utilised.
- Report any maintenance, losses, or breakages in a timely manner on LogiQC record management system.
- Participate and contribute to quality activities that will enhance resident care, including assessing process.
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or equivalent or working towards qualification
- Previous experience and demonstrated commitment to aged care as Personal Care Assistant.
- Effective communication skills, written and oral.
- Utilised Patient Information System software for daily consumer notes
- Understanding of the current Aged Care Standards
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work in a remote area.
- Have personal values that are consistent with the organisation and aged care of Indigenous people.
- Current Manual WA Drivers Licence.
- Current National Police Clearance or the ability to obtain.
- Ability to travel regional, remote, and interstate on unsealed roads by 4WD or by light aircraft.
- Experience and understanding of remote Indigenous Health.
- Four-wheel drive experience.
- Medical Dispensary competent
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out
Salary: From $64,000.00 per year
- Cert 3 or 4 in Aged Care or equivalent or working towards (Required)
- WA Driver’s Licence (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)
SEND YOUR APPLICATION